John and Mary Albrecht immigrated to Canada from Germany in the 1950’s, met in Waterloo in 1960, and married in 1962. They later built their home on Heidelberg Road (now Lobsinger Line),
just outside of St. Jacobs. In 1963, the first seedlings were planted there. And as the trees began to grow…so did their business. John’s Nursery officially opened their doors in 1968.
Since 2000, John’s Nursery has continued to expand its greenhouse growing, tree, shrub and perennial wholesale production. Landscape design and construction services have expanded over the years and offer complete design-build services with 2 designers on staff as well as 4 landscape crews doing everything from planting larger trees to complete garden makeovers.
A staple in the community for 50 years, John’s Nursery has become known for their large selection of shade, evergreen and fruit trees. John and Mary still manage the business today alongside their sons, John Jr. and Rob.